18 July 2009

Marines Waiting on Basic Supplies

Our Marines are short on supplies. There's no excuse for them not having water & supplies. Perhaps there are excuses, but none that I'm having. Thanks to the great article by Ann Scott Tyson.

http://www.marine-corps-news.com/2009/07/marines_waiting_on_basic_suppl.htm#more

or here:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/battle-for-helmand/2009/07/us_marines_pushing_deeper_into.html?hpid=topnews


I have to say my HERO OF THE DAY is Brig. Gen. Larry Nicholson for going far above and beyond the call of duty for his brothers & sisters of the Corps.

I was never a Marine so I don't know much about logistics, or any of the specifics mentioned. But I'll tell you one thing first thing tomorrow morning The White House is getting a call from me. Our Marines are out there putting their lives on the line every second they are in that hell. I won't have it that they are short on supplies like water. I know it's war & it's not fair or fun. There are great orgs that are taking donations to get them supplies in addition to the gov ones. It's absolutely unacceptable that they are going through this while they put their lives on the line in our name. I can't even stand the idea that one of our troops could be wanting for water.

Can't say as I personally mind the boxer shorts...and I don't know I'm thinking could be an interesting new optional uniform. Sure would be a lot of smiling girls watching them march by. But any way...levity aside...

Please reach out and express your dismay if you read this and agree with me:

White House Comments: 202-456-1111
White House Switchboard: 202-456-1414

http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/

Below is a video link to the story:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Welcomed.