22 July 2009

USMC SOS Recipe

The infamous breakfast of the Marines...thought I'd cook it up for my sons who are sure to be future USMC men. I might just steal a taste, even though it doesn't really sound very appetizing. Have to wonder if I served some up for Daddy if it would jar his memory. I love his stories & bet I'm sure to get some with this recipe.

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onions
3 Tablespoons flour, all purpose
2 Tablespoons granulated garlic
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 cups whole milk
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
Brown beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; Drain.
Add butter and stir.
Add chopped onions and cook until translucent.
Add flour. Stir and cook about three minutes.
Add garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, and mix thoroughly.
Add milk and stir until thick.
Serve over biscuits or toast, with eggs over easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Welcomed.