27 June 2009

Plan A: Getting Fit

Many years ago...oh so many years ago...I lost the weight gained while giving birth to my two sons. I do recall vividly how I did it so here we go with the plan.

THE GOAL:

  1. I WILL LOOSE 35 LBS BRINGING ME BACK TO 100 LBS EVEN.
  2. I WILL BE ABLE TO RUN FOR THE FULL 90 MINUTES BY THE START OF THE NEW SEASON.
  3. I WILL BE ABLE TO COMPLETE 70 SECONDS ON THE FLEXED ARM HANG, 20 PULL UPS, 100 CRUNCHES IN UNDER 2 MINUTES, 21 MINUTE 3 MILE RUN.
OBJECTIVES:

  • QUIT SMOKING - DONE
  • QUIT CAFFEINE
  • QUIT SUGAR
  • START JUICING
  • WORK OUT EVERY DAY : Yoga, Aerobics, Running, Weight lifting.
It seems the main problem I have to surmount is my own inertia. Having not trained in ages, I find I'm getting sore easier. Age might be adding on to the factor of how long it takes to recover. These things are just bad excuses available to me so that I stop. Stopping is a tantalizing prospect, but one I won't give into. My brain is forever coming up with nifty excuses why I should stop a work out once I've started. Sure going and making some French pastries and a nice carmelized steak would be easier and even nicer than doing the 90minutes. But it won't get me to the place I want to be.

I'm giving myself a present when I've hit the end goals. Two presents really. The first being a remodel. The second being a trip to London.

So if I ever want to see Old Trafford...I will push harder, work harder and do whatever it takes. With that thought ... stands up and stretches...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Welcomed.